cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

6120XP - iqn pool default is empty minor fault (UCSM 2.0(3b))

jbelliveau2
Level 1
Level 1

We are running a UCS cluster as above using a pair of 6120XP's - UCSM is running 2.0(3b).

Recently we ran some failover testing to confirm our solution was redundant. When doing this, upon each cluster failover a minor alert was generated for "iqn pool default is empty". We can clear this fauly by going to the fault and using the "Affected object" in the properties section and then using the delete action.

The main problems we have are;

1) We can't find any reference to an IQN pool using the standard navigation of UCSM

2) Each time a failover event is conducted the alert is generated and the pool requires being deleted manually again

Is there a way to ensure this default pool is permanantly removed? Is this addressed in a future UCSM release?

5 Replies 5

padramas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Jess,

Whenever any default pool ( mac,wwnn , IQN etc ) are empty, system returns a warning message.

If you are not using iSCSI or not using the default pool, you can delete the pool or add dummy values to get rid of this warning message.

UCSM GUI - > SAN - > Pools - > IQN Pools

previous post

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2109684?tstart=0

HTH

Padma

Thanks Padma. You've sorted me for question one and we can now find the pool. As you mention, we have been deleting the pool to clear the error. We do also have have bogus IPs in our iscsi-initiator-pool.

My second question still stands, is there any way to stop this default empty pool being created during a failover event? Or do we just have to fill the pool with a bogus value and store that?

Hello Jess,

I did a test with UCSM 2.0.3c and yes, IQN default pool returns after FI fail over event.

Not sure if this design behavior or a bug where deleted default pool should not be created after a fail over event.

At this stage, adding dummy values to the default pool would stop the warning fault message.

Padma

I'm glad you could replicate this Padma. Means we aren't doing something odd.

Do you think I should raise this behaviour as a bug?

Hello Jess,

When I deleted default MAC pool, it was not re-created after FI fail over event. So I believe re-creating default IQN pool after FI fail over is a new defect.

I have submitted following bug for development team's analysis on the design behavior.

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCuc70126

*NOTE* It will take atleast a day to get published and visible on cisco.com web site.

Padma

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card