cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Custom ISO's

Leilak!!!
Level 1
Level 1

What determines whether or not Cisco will put out a custom ISO?  It doesn't seem like they release custom ISO's that often, maybe one or two times a year.  Will they release a custom ISO for ESXi 6.7 PO6 build number 18828794?  I've looked on VMware's site and  the last one released is "Cisco Custom Image for ESXi 6.7 U3 GA Install CD" on 2021-06-14.  My blades are on VMware ESXi, 6.7.0, 17700523 and I want to go to 18828794.  Should I just go ahead and update if Cisco doesn't plan to release a custom ISO? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Greetings.

Cisco definitely does not release a customized ISO for every patch release.

Generally you will see one for all major releases (i.e. U1, U2, U3, etc) and occasionally some will be released when there  are minor specific patch releases that target major fixes for security or functionality.

Use the Cisco customized releases to get as close to your target patch level as possible, and then use the minor offline bundles from VMware to patch up to your target patch level.

Kirk...

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Greetings.

Cisco definitely does not release a customized ISO for every patch release.

Generally you will see one for all major releases (i.e. U1, U2, U3, etc) and occasionally some will be released when there  are minor specific patch releases that target major fixes for security or functionality.

Use the Cisco customized releases to get as close to your target patch level as possible, and then use the minor offline bundles from VMware to patch up to your target patch level.

Kirk...

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card