cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ciscoUnifiedComputingMIB

HEATH FREEL
Level 1
Level 1

Trying to get the PSU status and getting odd responses. Is there a table that list what the responses mean to a specific query. 

I have a number of C series servers. I use SNMP to index the PSU and tell me the status. 

Server 1.

PSU Index = 1

PSU Index = 2

PSU1 status = 1

PSU2 status = 5

CIMC tells me that PSU2 has "input lost". That makes me assume that 5 = down or no power.

Server 2.

PSU Index = 1

PSU Index = 2

PSU1 status = 5

PSU2 status = 5

CIMC tells me that both are Present/ Normal... This tells me that 5 does not mean down....

Any help would be appreciated as I am unable to find any documentation on that the responses actually mean.

4 Replies 4

Walter Dey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Did you follow the guidelines Table 4 of

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/unified_computing/ucs/sw/mib/c-series/b_UCS_Standalone_C-Series_MIBRef.pdf

All table 4 tells me is that the equipmentPsu mib provides statistics for every PSU attached to a standalone C-Series server. 

I does not tell me what the responses to Operational status of the PSU mean.

Which NMS system do you use ?

We have an in house system, but I also use CastleRock SNMPc to walk the mibs for testing. The system is not the issue though, it is not knowing what the responses to the query mean for that particular mib. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card