cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Config backup may be outdated

ericamanfu
Level 1
Level 1

When I log into the UCS Manager, I see the following warning. "Config backup may be outdated" Code F1392. Do I need to set up a backup job of some sort? My online research is kind of leading me to that direction. When I go to Admin > All > General > Backup Operation, i don't see anything there.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Qiese Dides
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Eric,

This error message appears when you have not created a backup in quite some time. You need to generate a back-up file to clear this error message. You will need to generate the backup configuration to your local computer to clear this error message.

Page 4 gives in the link below gives you step by step instructions:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/unified_computing/ucs/sw/gui/config/guide/2-0/b_UCSM_GUI_Configuration_Guide_2_0/b_UCSM_GUI_Configuration_Guide_2_0_chapter_0100111.pdf

Also below is a screenshot from my environment regarding this issue

Admin Tab --> All --> Backup Configuration --> Create Backup Configuration

Then once you click another dialog box opens with where you can download the backup configuration. You can go ahead and do it to your local disk.

Hope this helps. If this solved your question please mark it as correct and rate it appropriately, This will help other people find correct answers.

Regards,

Qiese Dides

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Qiese Dides
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Eric,

This error message appears when you have not created a backup in quite some time. You need to generate a back-up file to clear this error message. You will need to generate the backup configuration to your local computer to clear this error message.

Page 4 gives in the link below gives you step by step instructions:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/unified_computing/ucs/sw/gui/config/guide/2-0/b_UCSM_GUI_Configuration_Guide_2_0/b_UCSM_GUI_Configuration_Guide_2_0_chapter_0100111.pdf

Also below is a screenshot from my environment regarding this issue

Admin Tab --> All --> Backup Configuration --> Create Backup Configuration

Then once you click another dialog box opens with where you can download the backup configuration. You can go ahead and do it to your local disk.

Hope this helps. If this solved your question please mark it as correct and rate it appropriately, This will help other people find correct answers.

Regards,

Qiese Dides

Thanks, I'll give it a shot.

Ok, looks like it worked. Once I did a backup, the warning went away.

Thanks again.

Sounds good Eric! Glad it got cleared.

Regards,

Qiese Dides

kolz
Level 1
Level 1

It’s clear that no Backup configuration was set so far, perhaps, only the reminder was set for every 30 days.

If you need a Backup, then please configure the same and set the reminder accordingly.

Or else

You can disable the reminder which is throwing false alerts. 

In either way, the alert should get disappear from the fault tab. Please discuss with your internal team and set it appropriately.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card