Views
Helpful
Replies

FlexFlash RAID Degraded

Edvard Franke
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

maybe some has any suggestion for my FlexFlash RAID challange...

the Problem:

- FlexFlash RAID Degraded with to health SD Cards

what i have done:

- reset / Activate Flexflash Controller

- reset partition default

- Sync Card Config

-> No change the RAID is still degraded

what i have to do to bring the FlexFlash to live? My goal is that the FlexFlash is configured as mirror to install my esxi on it.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Greetings.

You will need to download and boot the SCU, and use it's repair/resync feature to get the degraded raid message to resolve.   Go to the Cisco support downloads for your model of server, and instead of firmware, look for 'SCU/Server Configuration utility', which is an ISO you can mount with your vKVM virtual media.

You will need to leave the SCU running while the 'resync' is running, and I've seen it take an hour or so to complete.

The SCU based 'resync' will usually take care of what the CIMC 'resync' doesn't.

Thanks,

Kirk...

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Greetings.

You will need to download and boot the SCU, and use it's repair/resync feature to get the degraded raid message to resolve.   Go to the Cisco support downloads for your model of server, and instead of firmware, look for 'SCU/Server Configuration utility', which is an ISO you can mount with your vKVM virtual media.

You will need to leave the SCU running while the 'resync' is running, and I've seen it take an hour or so to complete.

The SCU based 'resync' will usually take care of what the CIMC 'resync' doesn't.

Thanks,

Kirk...

thanks  Kirk,

i will try that...

Hi Edvard,

Did the SCU based re-sync clear up your degraded raid?

Kirk...

Hi Kirk,

the sync over SCU (Hypervisor Sync) was working fine, but i takes 4 hours over all, horrible implementation of that SD Raid... (but it has to work)

But at the end its working and i will deploy the esxi server on them tomorrow.

So thank you for your advice!!!

Ed

Agree with you - this is a worst case implementation of a feature which should be interrupt free IMO.

and at the end, i have to boot a ubuntu to formate the sd cards, because the esxi was not able to do it nativly, because of the raidcontroller... at the end it is to risky to do that in this way, in case of a sd card total blackout, i have to make a 4 hours sync in production shift... hope that the M2 SSD make it better :)
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card