Views
Helpful
Replies

C220M3 unreachable in UCS Manager

Thierry4142
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am using B220M3 blade servers im UCS Manager 4.0(1b) without problems.

Yesterday, I wanted to add a C220M3 rack server. So I directly connected the VIC 1225 to my two FI6248 (Fabric A and Fabric B). VIC 1225 is in slot 1.

I also resetted the server to factory defaults via CIMC and after reboot my C220M3 has been discovered by UCS Manager.

However UCS Manager shows following errors on this server:

[FSM:FAILED]: rack-mount server discovery 1(FSM:sam:dme:ComputeRackUnitDiscover). Remote-Invocation-Error: no connection to MC endpoint

Adapter 1/1 is unreachable

Ethernet Ports on both fabric interconnect are configured as Server ports and listed as UP in UCS Manager.

Any idea what's wrong with my setup? 

Thanks in advance.

Thierry

7 Replies 7

Wes Austin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Under the firmware tab for the new server, are you seeing any information?

I am thinking that the firmware version might be too old to be recognized in UCSM. You may attempt to flash the CIMC/BIOS/VIC firmware via HUU in standalone mode and then reset to factory defaults again and re-attempt integration.

I only see firmware information for the CIMC Controller

What version is the CIMC on? If the link lights are up the VIC connectivity should be okay from a physical level, but UCSM might not be identifying it correctly.

CIMC 2.0(3d). 

I will follow your suggestion and go forward with upgrading the server firmware and let you know if it helps.

Hi Wes

I tried to flash the CIMC/BIOS/VIC firmware using HUU in standalone mode but got an error "Firmware copy as failed (Error code : 906). This is a critical error and host will reboot." (see foto attached).

I have tried with HUU 3.04j and 3.04d : same result.

Should I try with an older version (2.09)? Or should I first delete all virtual drives I have on this server and reset it to factory defaults?

Thx

mojafri
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi @Thierry4142,

Below message will come when UCSM is unable to reach to CIMC (management plane of rack/blade servers). 

[FSM:FAILED]: rack-mount server discovery 1(FSM:sam:dme:ComputeRackUnitDiscover). Remote-Invocation-Error: no connection to MC endpoint

If server was discovered earlier, as per the capture - Adapter link is down. Few things you need to verify:

1. What is the LED status on server? 

2. Physical link connectivity? 

3. LED status on port of VIC cards? 

Please rate if you find it helpful. 

Regards,

MJ 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card