cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Having issues while creating Local LUN in UCS : Error msg - Insufficient disks for specific raid level

ashvanth kumar
Level 1
Level 1

Im having a UCS server with 18 disks. Im trying to put 2 of them in raid 1 (for boot) and remaining disks separately in raid 0. I was trying to do this via LUN but I'm getting an error message stating. In the disk group configuration policy, I choose "RAID leve 1 Mirrored" , "Disk Group Configuration (Manual)" and gave slot numbers 1 and 2.  When I tried to map my server to service profile i got this message "There are not enough resources overall Insufficient disks for specific raid level"

1 Reply 1

ashvanth kumar
Level 1
Level 1

Issue Resolved

The below step was followed

Verify

Before applying Service Profile to the server, make sure that the disks used in Disk Group are in "Unconfigured Good" state, else error stating insufficient disks will occur during service profile association . This example used Disk6-7 so they should be in "Unconfigured Good" , if they are in "Online" state or "Jbod", then  right click on these disks and select 'Set Unconfigured Bad to Good'

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: