cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How Can Cisco FI discovery Server

ADC Lane
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Experts, I am searching aboout cisco Fabric interconnect to UCS server, I am wondering how can Cisco FI discovery UCS Server ? Can you help share some explanation ? Thanks in advance !

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes. Server Discovery (getting UCSM to "see" the servers) is only one of the first steps.

The Cisco docs on "factory reset" is lacking.
Joost (a Cisco employee) documented "factory reset" nicely on his blog (with pictures):

Once UCSM can "see" the servers, then you still have to create lots of policies and eventually a Service Profile:

If you run into other roadblocks, then provide some details and maybe a solution can be provided.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Steven Tardy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You don't say what model/generation/type-of-server/fi-modle, so guessing on a few things here. . .

It isn't obvious, but the UCS FI ports which the servers (b-series or c-series) connect to need to be manually configured as "Server Ports".

In the UCSM equipment tab, drill down to each FI (FI-A and FI-B).
Right click the port (eg: Eth1/1) and choose "Server Port".
Wait a few seconds and "Server 1" (or whatever number) should show up.

The c-series server sometimes needs to be "reset to factory" to properly discover in UCSM.

hi Expert @Steven Tardy 

I am using Server C-series.

It mean if I configure Server Port Type for FI (A and B) then server  will be shown (discovery) in FI and I  dont need do any more configure ? (Configure CIMC IP, ... Bla bla ...)

Can you explain detail more about "reset factory" server (reset  factory CIMC or Bios ?)

Yes. Server Discovery (getting UCSM to "see" the servers) is only one of the first steps.

The Cisco docs on "factory reset" is lacking.
Joost (a Cisco employee) documented "factory reset" nicely on his blog (with pictures):

Once UCSM can "see" the servers, then you still have to create lots of policies and eventually a Service Profile:

If you run into other roadblocks, then provide some details and maybe a solution can be provided.

Hi @Steven Tardy 

thank you so so much for you knowledge ! I understood !

In my case, first time, Cisco UCS-C can not " show up " in UCSM, so I make USB boot and iso is: Cisco HUU, then I boot server by USB and then upgrade and reset factory all item in Cisco HUU, after Server restarted, UCSM can see Server !

Again Thank you so so much !

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card