cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to copy vNIC templates from one sub-org to another

JDMils
Level 1
Level 1

My colleagues created a Org structure in UCS Manager with the wrong Parent Org name which looks like this:

LAN\Policies\root\Sub-Organisations\Shared\Sub-Organisations\SharedClusters\IncorrectOrgName\

I need to correct the "IncorrectOrgName", and since you cannot rename parts of the org structure, I had to create a new org structure with the following structure:

LAN\Policies\root\Sub-Organisations\Shared\Sub-Organisations\CorrectOrgName

The old Org structure has 6 vNIC templates which contain around 250 VLANs and I cannot find a way to copy these to the new org structure I created. I created on vNIC template by hand, selecting each and every VLAN, and my hands are hurting. I tried to drag-n-drop but that does not work on the GUI.

Is there a way to easily move/copy existing vNIC templates from one Org to another?

I am using UCS Manager 4.1(1a)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Steven Tardy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This could probably be done via the CLI instead of the GUI.

scope org
scope org YourOrg1
scope vnic_templ vNIC01
show configuration

scope org
scope org YourOrg2
create vnic_templ vNIC01Copy
<paste from show configuration minus the first line>
commit-buffer

This may/may-not work depending on the complexity/interdependence configured in your vNIC.

If you have that many VLANs, then you could also create a VLAN group.

Assign all the necessary VLANs into the VLAN group, then assign the VLAN group to the vNIC.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Steven Tardy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This could probably be done via the CLI instead of the GUI.

scope org
scope org YourOrg1
scope vnic_templ vNIC01
show configuration

scope org
scope org YourOrg2
create vnic_templ vNIC01Copy
<paste from show configuration minus the first line>
commit-buffer

This may/may-not work depending on the complexity/interdependence configured in your vNIC.

If you have that many VLANs, then you could also create a VLAN group.

Assign all the necessary VLANs into the VLAN group, then assign the VLAN group to the vNIC.

JDMils
Level 1
Level 1

Worked really well, thank you Steven. I have only run one or two UCS CLI scripts so I had a bit of work to do to get it working, simply because I had no idea on how to navigate UCS CLI!! But what helped me were these commands:

Show the available orgs:

* show org

Had to change the "_" in your code to "-":

Scope vnic-templ vNIC01

Thank you again!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card