Views
Helpful
Replies

License Windows Server in a HyperFlex configuration

joe.cabanillas
Level 1
Level 1

Good day community,

Anyone who has configured a HyperFlex solution of nodes with VMware and Windows Server, the latter as part of sale of the list of hardware materials, has had problems with the activation of Windows licenses ?.

We have acquired Windows as part of the BoM of equipment but have not come to us the Product Keys or the CoA labels and I wanted to resort to their experience, where are they achieved ?, I opened a case in the TAC but they can not help me the same in licenses @ cisco .com and they told me something about RTU licenses, any ideas?

Thanks for your suggestions.

4 Replies 4

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Greetings.

I looked up your previous cases and sales order.

Were the MS licenses for the HX servers themselves, or other compute only nodes that shipped in same order?

Thanks,

Kirk...

Hello Kirk,

Thanks for answering. The Windows licenses were for the HX nodes, but as I mentioned earlier, the Product Keys did not come to us to perform the activation.

Best regards,

It looks like that same order had HX-VSP-STD-D (VMware licenses) as well.  I wonder if that caused an issue with the normal process manufacturing/license assignment.  We normally don't see both VMware and MS licenses ordered under the same equipment.

Kirk...

Yes, it seems that something happened as I also have VMware licenses (HX-VSP-STD-D) in the configuration and also Windows (MSWS-16-ST24C).

Do you have any idea how to scale this issue or a possible solution?

Thanks.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card