Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 1000v Interface is detached

sarmienWS
Level 1
Level 1

hi and good day,

This is my first time posting for this community corner and i just hope i didn't violate any rules for the first time poster. :D

I am using Nexus 1000v in our Cloud Service, we have 4 Blade ESXi clustered host and 2 Nexus 7000 directly connected from HP C7000 Enclosure. We've been using this setup for almost a year now then one day we started experiencing disconnection of some VMs. At first, the solution we made is to reboot the VM. But i found out that instead of rebooting the VM, i just do a 4 packets ping to its gateway. 2 packets were failed and then the succeeding packets are already successful. The issue has been repeatedly happening so what i did next is to leave a continuous ping from VM to its gateway. That permanently resolve the disconnection issue. When i came across the logs of N1Kv, i noticed the logs below pertaining to the disconnection of the VM;

2014 Sep 27 08:33:40 VPCMK2NETVSM001 %VIM-5-IF_DETACHED: Interface Vethernet178 is detached
2014 Sep 27 08:33:40 VPCMK2NETVSM001 %ETHPORT-5-IF_DOWN_NON_PARTICIPATING: Interface Vethernet178 is down (Non participating)
2014 Sep 27 08:33:40 VPCMK2NETVSM001 %VIM-5-IF_ATTACHED: Interface Vethernet178 is attached to Network Adapter 1 of SVRTRA001 on port 79 of module 6 with dvport i
d 4199

Any one who also experience this? And/or anyone has an idea why was this happening?

Thanks.

1 Reply 1

Port profiles can be assigned by the server administrator to physical ports (a VMNIC or a PNIC). Port profiles that are configured as vEthernet can be assigned only to a vNIC port while port profiles that are configured as Ethernet can be assigned only to physical adapters.
please check the below link for more info :-
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/nexus1000/hyperv/sw/5_2_1_s_m_1_5_1/troubleshooting/configuration/guide/n1000v_trouble/n1000v_trouble_9port_profiles.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card