Helpful
Replies

permissions to KVM only

robad
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm having few SPs on one org

part of it are serving "team-A", and part of it serving "team-B", and also part of it belongs to the admins.

Do I have a way to give a user for team-A to access only their SP's KVM ? without be able to access to other team's SPs ? 

If not, even a way to be able to give access to team-A to "control" their SPs only, like power-off etc, but without an option to change values like WWPN, NICs etc.

[Yes, I saw few topics about KVM, but here I'm asking for something specific]

Thanks in advance,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Greetings.

If I understand your request, you want KVM only permission.

Currently a defined user (local or ldap/radius/tacacs) has read only to everything.

There is an enhancement request, https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvh90125/?reffering_site=dumpcr asking for the ability you are requesting.

I suggest you contact your account team and open a tac case requesting association with that enhancement request.

Now for UCSM roles that require more than read only, you can create a combination of Orgs, roles, and locals, that could split up access.

Thanks,

Kirk...

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

robad
Level 1
Level 1

guys ?

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Greetings.

If I understand your request, you want KVM only permission.

Currently a defined user (local or ldap/radius/tacacs) has read only to everything.

There is an enhancement request, https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvh90125/?reffering_site=dumpcr asking for the ability you are requesting.

I suggest you contact your account team and open a tac case requesting association with that enhancement request.

Now for UCSM roles that require more than read only, you can create a combination of Orgs, roles, and locals, that could split up access.

Thanks,

Kirk...

Thanks Kirk

glad to hear that I'm not the only one who requested it

it means that the UCSM dev team will consider to add this feature on the next versions ?

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Well, it means someone else has requested it as well, likely in a TAC case so they opened the request.

Just because an an enhancement request exists, doesn't mean it gets implemented.

The processes and reasons go way beyond what I can write out on a forum post, but suffice it to say customer trends/requests and business use case certainly can help drive it.

Opening a TAC case, and talking with your account team will help add some traction to the enhancement request.

Thanks,

Kirk...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card