cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Powershell with UCS Central

jeff.trumbull
Level 1
Level 1

A couple of questions I have about PowerShell with UCS Central.

1. I have tried about everything to get 'ConvertTo-UcsCmdlet' command to work with Central. Is there a hot key for Central to record XML link? Or is there another method to get it to work. I have had success with Manager but need to use it with Central.

2. What I am really after is a command in PowerShell to "Reset Management IP". The command is not available in Manager because it is linked to Central.

I would like to get No. 1 above working for future commands I may need. But for now I really need help with No. 2.

The reason is the network team changed the management IP range in Central and we need the servers to get the New IPs in order to perform OOB management.

Thanks for any help you can provide

Jeff

8 Replies 8

jomcdono
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jeff,

For number 1, depending upon the type of GUI, Flash or HTML the procedure varies, check out the doc here, Cisco UCS Central PowerTool User Guide, Release 2.x - Examples [Cisco UCS Management - Partner Ecosystem] - Cisco

I'll check on number 2.

Regards,

John

I have tried this process on every browser. IE, Chrome, and Firefox on 2 different computers. I had no success getting the debugger logging. Not sure if it a version issue or what.

What version of Central are you using?

Version 2.0(1c) is what the logon screen has on it.

Hi Jeff,

You don't need debugger logging with the HTML user interface, just use the Start and Stop Logging Session options in the Tools menu.

Have you tried that?

Regards,

John

UCS-Central-Session-Loggin.jpg

Thanks John, I do not see that option with my login. I had one of the Network gurus login and that option was there. I had them start logging click on reset management IP and then stop logging. I then ran ConvertTo-UcsCmdlet -GuiLog -LiteralPath "C:\UCS\XML logging\api-report.txt". Nothing was returned for commands, so I am guessing I did something wrong or there is no powershell command. Again thanks for you help.

Update-

I tried ConvertTo-UcsCmdlet -XML -LiteralPath "C:\UCS\XML logging\api-report.txt"

I did get commands back but I do not believe this is to reset the management IP

Get-UcsManagedObject -Dn sys/user-ext/pref-remoteuser_XXXX | Set-UcsManagedObject -PropertyMap @{RestoredTabs="{'tabList':[{'dn':'org-root/org-XXX','viewConfig':'ORGANIZATION','viewState':'VIEW','moDeleted':true},{'dn':'org-root/org-XXXX/ls-XXXXXX','viewConfig':'SERVICE_PROFILE','viewState':'VIEW','moDeleted':true}]}"; Name="remoteuser_XXXX"; }

Once you start logging and run through the action that you want to generate and stop logging, you should be able to run this. Works for me all the time.

Should be ConvertTo-UcsCentralCmdlet -GuiLog -LiteralPath "C:\UCS\XML logging\api-report.txt"

jeff.trumbull
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone have any idea on number 2 above?

Resetting Management IP with script? Maybe instead of a PowerShell command an API call from Powershell?

Any help is appreciated.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card