cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Question about migrating from UCS FI6200 to FI6400.

SIMMN
Spotlight
Spotlight

I have a UCS domain with four FC connections on each FI6200. I need to migrate to FI6400 pair. 

According to the migration guide, link below, one of the pre-requistes for the migration is "Before migrating from Cisco UCS 6200 Series Fabric Interconnects to Cisco UCS 6454 Fabric Interconnects, ensure that you unconfigure the unified ports on the Cisco UCS 6200 Series Fabric Interconnects.". But as far as I know you can not unconfigure a FC port...So does this actually mean disable the FC ports?

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/unified_computing/ucs/ucs-manager/GUI-User-Guides/Fabric-Interconnect-Migration/4-0/b_Migrating_from_6200_to_6400/b_Migrating_from_6200_to_6400_chapter_010.html

2 Replies 2

RedNectar
VIP
VIP

Hi @SIMMN ,

I think it means you have to do this:
All the ports are down on this lab-based FI because I only powered on the FIs - not the whole lab.  And of course I didn't confirm at the last step either because I'd have to wait for the reboot and change it all back again.

RedNectar aka Chris Welsh.
Forum Tips: 1. Paste images inline - don't attach. 2. Always mark helpful and correct answers, it helps others find what they need.

Thanks for your effort. That would be what I would do unless others can explain what really Cisco means by “unconfigure all the unified ports”.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card