cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Service profile HyperFlex-Compute-Only1 configuration failed due to insufficient-resources,flexflash-controller

sdouilliet
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I want add a hx server for compute only in my hyperflex cluster composed of 3 servers HX240C-M5SX .

I created a service profile "HyperFlex-Compute-Only" from template "compute-nodes"  :topic01.jpg

Once i apply the service profile on my hx server (UCSC-C220-M5SX), I have this major fault :topic02.jpg

My server don't have of storage device.

Do you have a solution to my issue ?

Thanks

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Niko Nikas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

What does the local storage profile look like for that particular service profile?

A screenshot will work fine.

--

Niko

View solution in original post

RedNectar
VIP
VIP

Please. Do not touch UCS Manager atall if you are tryint to add a node to the Hyperflex Cluster. Instead, go to the installer VM (download a new one if need be) and use the Expand Cluster option.ExpandCluster.png

You'll find all the details you need in the Installation Guide for ESXi

But I repeat - do NOT try and mess with UCS Manager for Hyperflex Nodes.

I hope this helps

Don't forget to mark answers as correct if it solves your problem. This helps others find the correct answer if they search for the same problem

RedNectar aka Chris Welsh.
Forum Tips: 1. Paste images inline - don't attach. 2. Always mark helpful and correct answers, it helps others find what they need.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Niko Nikas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

What does the local storage profile look like for that particular service profile?

A screenshot will work fine.

--

Niko

RedNectar
VIP
VIP

Please. Do not touch UCS Manager atall if you are tryint to add a node to the Hyperflex Cluster. Instead, go to the installer VM (download a new one if need be) and use the Expand Cluster option.ExpandCluster.png

You'll find all the details you need in the Installation Guide for ESXi

But I repeat - do NOT try and mess with UCS Manager for Hyperflex Nodes.

I hope this helps

Don't forget to mark answers as correct if it solves your problem. This helps others find the correct answer if they search for the same problem

Forum Tips: 1. Paste images inline - don't attach. 2. Always mark helpful and correct answers, it helps others find what they need.

sdouilliet
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I succeeded.

I used the HyperFlex Installer but I has the error :error02.jpg

So I created a storage policie without RAID for the service profile of my server :
solution.jpg

Thanks for your help :)

Well Done! Glad you succeeded.

HX240C-M5SX is an M5 so should have used the M5 profile, also if they have m.2 drive will need to have FlexFlash disabled and raid reporting disabled.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card