cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCS C220M5 - no mouse or keyboard in HUU

mtexter
Level 1
Level 1

The only way I can get a mouse and keyboard to work is via vKVM / remote console.  no amount of locally-attached USB mice or keyboards do anything once HUU is fully booted.  Any ideas?  I've tried it on multiple systems with the same behavior.  Those same devices work just fine during POST, and in the early stages of the HUU boot, but once we're at the SLA page, there's no way to move the cursor to the accept button, and tab/enter/other key combos don't work either.  You can still press F3 for a quick find menu, and F12 to see the page source, which is silly.  It seems like it's trying to use a touchscreen interface, as one of the prior screens references a touchscreen calibration.

3 Replies 3

Steven Tardy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Is USB disabled in CIMC settings by chance? CIMC / Compute / BIOS / Configure BIOS / I/O / USB *

It sounds as though the ctrl or alt keys are stuck somewhere by what you are describing with find and page source coming up.

Had that same thought, USB is definitely enabled. I'd be surprised if the same mod keys are stuck across multiple systems and keyboards... hmm. anything else to try?

Any thoughts on why it would be trying to calibrate a touchscreen when there isn't one attached?  just a regular old VGA monitor and usb mouse+keyboard.  oooh, I just had an idea.  The mice and keyboards I was using were all through the same USB port (one was a touchpad+keyboard combo, the other was a wireless m&k communicating through the same usb dongle).  maybe if I tried a separate USB port for each I'd get different behavior. 

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card