Views
Helpful
Replies

UCS Central HTML 5 interface

Walter Dey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Using 1.3.1b of UCS Central:

I am totally frustrated about this new interface, which might have a lot of flexibility, but one totally looses control, specially with bigger installations; to do some reasonable work means much more clicking around than with the old interface

Therefore I use the old interface; now I realize, that some actions, e.g. creating a schedule, will not show up in the GUI; if you change to the new interface, it appears there. This is simply not enterprise ready.

I also struggle to have a scheduled backup of UCS Central working ? Anybody done it ?

Anyone made similar experience ?

4 Replies 4

Paul O'Leary
Level 1
Level 1

I agree totally. Style over substance. 

Whomever decided that context aware folder structures should be replaced with "searching" for every policy setting obviously has never managed large installations. 

Crazy that they switched from grouping policy options in the same general view to this blank looking slate. 

Thanks Paul !

I wonder, what Cisco's strategy is: will the old interface disappear over time ?

We can only hope, that they don't bring the same ideas to UCSM.

Remember VMware with Vsphere client and WebClient GUI !

Walter.

Matthew Crocker
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Am in the process of trying to get the scheduled backups working using the old interface, I can select a schedule policy called 'global-default' but I have no idea where this policy lives and its configuration? I took a quick look through UCSC but gave up and was going to come back to it. If you got this working let me know.

You can create schedules either

1) servers->schedules (this are global schedules, across all DG)

or

2) Operations Management->Domain Groups->Domain Group xyz->Schedules (this are schedules for a DG)

They should then show up under

Operations Management->Domain Groups->Domain Group xyz->Backup/Export Policies

Which they didn't with 2) ! Method 1) always worked for me.

Strange enough, if you change to the html 5 interface, everything is there ;-)

Walter.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card