Views
Helpful
Replies

UCS connected to multiple FC fabrics?

Radek Kubka
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I *think* it is possible, yet I cannot find any diagram / documentation confirming this:

Is it OK to connect UCS Fabric Interconnect modules to more than one FC fabric? (namely 2 Brocade fabrics per module?)

Am I correct in my thinking that creating separate VSANs for each fabric should do the trick?

Thanks & regards,

Radek

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jeremy Waldrop
Level 4
Level 4

Radek, yes it is possible. I did this recently at one of my customers, we connected a Brocade and QLogic fabric to both UCS FIs. We put the Brocade FC ports and vHBAs in one VSAN and he QLogic in the other. It was very cool because this allowed the customer to access both fabric from a single serer without having to ISL the 2 fabric together.

View solution in original post

David.Jarzynka
Level 1
Level 1

I have my lab UCS connected to both an MDS fabric and a Brocade fabric. Works great.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jeremy Waldrop
Level 4
Level 4

Radek, yes it is possible. I did this recently at one of my customers, we connected a Brocade and QLogic fabric to both UCS FIs. We put the Brocade FC ports and vHBAs in one VSAN and he QLogic in the other. It was very cool because this allowed the customer to access both fabric from a single serer without having to ISL the 2 fabric together.

David.Jarzynka
Level 1
Level 1

I have my lab UCS connected to both an MDS fabric and a Brocade fabric. Works great.

Gents,

Many thanks for your responses!

Regards,
Radek

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card