Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCS Emulator installed.... now what ?

I am brand new to UCS. All of the documentation I have found seems to indicate that by installing the emulator I also have the UCS Manager... My emulator  3.1. (2e) does not have the same options in the CLI that are called out on the Support Forums and in the user guide.  Are there some updated docs I am missing ? Did I install the wrong thing ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Those screenshots indicate the Emulator is up and accessible from a browser. Navigating to VIP address in a browser should show the UCSM GUI in the content pane. You can also click “Equipment” in the Inventory pane and then click the UCS Manager icon along the top of the main “Hardware Inventory” content page (triangle icon at the far right). There’s a video demo of navigating the Emulator configuration pages here: https://communities.cisco.com/docs/DOC-69878.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

dsoper
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What CLI commands are you looking to use? The UCS Platform Emulator presents its own control console and option “c” (c: Login to CLI shell) allows for access to the UCSM CLI.

Thank you David.

True or False... installing the emulator gives me access to UCSM GUI ?

Every document and video I can find on the emulator shows the Cisco UCS Manager screen below.

My view in the GUI is quite a bit different than this.

The emulator without the manager seems kind of lackluster to me.

UCS MANAGER.PNGUCS emulator.PNG

True. The IP address shown in the UCSPE console provides access to the UCSM GUI through a browser.

ucs emulator console.PNGUCS emulator Gui.PNG

What am I missing here..... ? ?

Those screenshots indicate the Emulator is up and accessible from a browser. Navigating to VIP address in a browser should show the UCSM GUI in the content pane. You can also click “Equipment” in the Inventory pane and then click the UCS Manager icon along the top of the main “Hardware Inventory” content page (triangle icon at the far right). There’s a video demo of navigating the Emulator configuration pages here: https://communities.cisco.com/docs/DOC-69878.

Finally I am in UCSM !.

Thank you very much David.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card