cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCS Error F0391

spishko
Level 1
Level 1

I have had 2 separate UCS implementations in separate data centers throw F0391 errors today.  Both are cleared but I want to understand what is happening and how to avoid these in the future.  I have searched the web and support forum and have not come up with a good match.  I have used the Cisco bug search tool and have come up empty.  The Cisco UCS Faults and Error Messages Reference has the error code listed but there is no explanation, and the recommended action is to research on the web and if unsuccessful open a TAC case.

Here is what the call home message looks like and I am attaching a screen shot as well.

Time of Event:2015-07-21 06:35:23 GMT-07:00

Event Description:Power supply 1 in chassis 1 voltage: upper-non-recoverable

Severity Level:6

Any help is greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Saurabh Kothari
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

hey,

check the bug:

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCus89837/?reffering_site=dumpcr

Workaround:
This issue is cosmetic in nature. Firmware upgrade to be release to resolve this matter.

you may open the IOM tech-support file:-

Admin > TechSupport Files > Click on the + sign > Create and download a tech-support file >

choose Fabric-extender > provide the ID(chassis#)

once you have the bundle:

check the file - IOCard1_TechSupport\techsupport_detailed_iocard2\cmc\log\pwrmgr  and relate it to the bug.

You might also open a TAC case for the same.

-Saurabh

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Saurabh Kothari
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

hey,

check the bug:

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCus89837/?reffering_site=dumpcr

Workaround:
This issue is cosmetic in nature. Firmware upgrade to be release to resolve this matter.

you may open the IOM tech-support file:-

Admin > TechSupport Files > Click on the + sign > Create and download a tech-support file >

choose Fabric-extender > provide the ID(chassis#)

once you have the bundle:

check the file - IOCard1_TechSupport\techsupport_detailed_iocard2\cmc\log\pwrmgr  and relate it to the bug.

You might also open a TAC case for the same.

-Saurabh

spishko
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you.  I appreciate the help.

Appreciate it :)

cheers

johnd0e88
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card