Views
Helpful
Replies

UCS Simulator Connectivity issue.

fugitive569
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I 'm trying to use UCS simulator on my VMware workstation 7.1 The VA (virtual appliance) starts up fine and i can login with the given username and password and get the confiugration options. But when i try to connect to the simulator via GUI it does not work for me. And if i try to connect to the UCS ip on 80/443 port. Is there any setting which is need to be configured to make this work.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes that is the issue.  Login as config / config, and perform a factory reset.  This issue happens a low percentage of the time.  If you login and do a factory reset, it should fix it.

Thanks,

Eric    

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

ericwill
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Did you provide IP's for all 3 NICs in UCSPE?  You didn't delete any of the three NIC's correct?  Generally on laptops / desktops I recommend you use NAT'ed NICs for all three.  Did you have that set as well?  Can you ping the addresses on your system?

Hi Eric,

I have all the 3 NICs set to NAT and they all picked IPs from DHCP and pingable from my laptop.

Attached are the screenshots for the same.

Thanks.

Do you have a proxy set in your browser, that is sending HTTP / HTTPS requests to that IP to a proxy server, instead of looking locally on your system?    

Tried setting the proxy as well but that didnt help. I have another error at the console of the UCSPE as follows

Could this be an issue ? 

Co

Yes that is the issue.  Login as config / config, and perform a factory reset.  This issue happens a low percentage of the time.  If you login and do a factory reset, it should fix it.

Thanks,

Eric    

Hi Eric,

That did the trick. Thank you so much now i can connect via browser.

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card