cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to boot to ISO

dustinlally
Level 1
Level 1

Having issues with new M5 blades.  I've been able to mount and boot to an ISO on my M3's and M4's.  Not sure if something changed.

I KVM to the console, activate media and mount the ISO.  However When I boot up and hit f6 for boot menu, I do not get any option to boot to media like I'm used to.  

When I load the BIOS, i can see the options there in boot options, however I cannot change it there due to the service profile overwriting it.  

3 Replies 3

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Greetings.

Have you attempted via both HTML5 and Java vKVM interfaces?

Are your working M3/M4 blades in the same UCSM domain?  

Thanks,

Kirk...

Suat Deniz
Level 1
Level 1

I had this problem too, we are using UCS Central . If you are using UCS Central too, you have to change your Boot Policy in UCS Central .You need to add KVM DVD/CD boot and evaluate/save . Then reboot your Server hit F6 and choose DVD/CD boot --> search --> take your .iso file and let it boot from ;-) .

Maybe you have to change your Boot Policy in UCS Manager if you don´t use UCS Central .

chris.cs.smith
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Dustin, were you able to resolve this? I too am unable to select KVM DVD as a boot option. I do have it configured in the service profile and I can map to it.

I can add it in the BIOS, but it doesn't apply on next reboot. Any information is appreciated.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card