Views
Helpful
Replies

Unified Computing System C240 M4 Raid Controller cant detect harddrive

markgaring1989
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a UCS C240 M4 server which at first the raid controller works fine but suddenly when i shut it down and turn on again the raid controller didnt detect the harddrives and when i enter on the configuration of the raid theres no configuration left.. what possible solution to be applied other than replacing all of it...and is the configuration of the old raid controller can be restore again?

Thank you

2 Replies 2

Steven Tardy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I would fully power drain and verify cabling before assuming the RAID card is faulty and needs to be replaced.

Was any firmware changed recently? If so try the old firmware to see if this is a firmware issue and not a faulty hardware issue.

But if the RAID card is in fact faulty and does need to be replaced. . . the RAID configuration can be restored from RAID metadata saved on the individual disks. Follow guide:

Hi,

To fully power drain i just need to shutdown and remove the power cable and wait for 1 day to drain it? 

And theres no firmware changed its just the bios can detect the raid controller but the raid controller cant detect the raid configuration stored in individual disk336791790_169058449317569_6136643716363043031_n.jpg

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card