cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Using CSPC to interogate UCS for SNTC

RoseNeville
Level 1
Level 1

Anybody using the CSPC to interrogate their UCS controllers for SNTC ?

I have setup SNMP access on our UCS environments with the hopes that the CSPC would be able to pull all the serial numbers etc into SNTC. The idea was that we could use the SNTC "not covered" report amongst others to manage renewals effectively but have found that not all components are being surfaced and we still need to manually track down blades etc.

It would be useful to know if A) SNMP access should be sufficient to gather all the details , B) how people are most successfully managing UCS contract renewals , C) is anybody successfully using the CSPC and SNTC to achieve accurate environment management.

Thanks

3 Replies 3

meko
Level 1
Level 1

Any news? Currently I'm trying to do exactly the same thing.

Why don't you try posting in the actual SNTC support forum at https://supportforums.cisco.com/t5/smart-services/ct-p/4046-smart-services?

SNMP exposes pretty much most serial #s for most devices.

What are some examples of devices/components you are having trouble pulling serial #s for?

Thanks,

Kirk...

Response to Kirk J :
I'm not getting any of the UCS servers through CSPC - they're in SNTC because my contracts feed in there but that doesn't give any comparison to the actual when Cisco don't update RMA records correctly - and thanks to the 4321 clock bug I have a lot of RMA's
The same is true for AP's - the controllers don't feed through AP serials numbers so there is no way to track discrepancies between Cisco records and actual
Similar problems with VideoConference units
And then just to scramble it all up there are parent serials in SNTC that don't detail their links to child serials and vice versa - and sometimes the parent is a chargeable component but it's not what is presented by the device when its interrogated so there's a bunch of serials with charges that you have no idea why they are in the inventory.
So common sense says remove those serials from the renewals which the VAR does , along with all the child serials that are linked to it - so then you review the quote and wonder why the VAR removed all those serial numbers that were valid , and you ask for them to be added back in. And hey presto you are back to having a bunch of unknown serials in your renewals and no real idea why.
But the best part is getting the quotes in a spreadsheet and having to reconcile that all your hundreds of serials are present and quoted before you even begin to verify that they are co-termed correctly and that each of your team members has access to the dozens of contracts that have been setup across the globe assuming that you actually have visibility to all the contracts because some of the VAR's decided it was easier to put your devices on their bulk contracts.
......................or you go to LaSalle send them all the details and within DAYS they provide you with a quote to renew , that details links between parent & child serials , is co-termed to your chosen date , is all tracked online in LAMP which eliminates spreadsheet comparisons , and they collapse your 45 global contracts with differing service levels and access permissions into 1 !!!!! And if that wasn't spectacularly better than Cisco already , you can go click a button to get a projected renewal quote incorporating your agreed discounts for next year's budget planning. And I haven't even mentioned the reports , simple RMA process , or actually getting a credit
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card