Views
Helpful
Replies

vm-fex mtu size

alois.heilmaier
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I need to configure mtu 9000 on dynamic vnics (vm-fex vnics).
But I have not found any guide on how to do it. I followed the vm-fex config guide for KVM, but in dynamic vnic connection policy I have not found any parameter to change the mtu size. By default all dynamic vnics are getting mtu 1500.
Has anybody some documentation or hints on how to configure mtu 9000 for dynamic vnics (vm-fex) ?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

abbharga
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Alois,

The MTU size can be changed to the VM-FEX interface by using a QoS policy in the port-profile.

This is how you change the MTU size when using Vvm-fex:

1) Create a QoS policy under the LAN tab,

2) While selecting a Priority, pick the QoS system class which has a modified MTU size configured.

3) Create a port-profile to be used by a VMs NIC (which in turn will get it one of the dynamic interfaces)

4) In the port-profile specify this QoS Policy

Hope this helps!

./Abhinav

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

abbharga
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Alois,

The MTU size can be changed to the VM-FEX interface by using a QoS policy in the port-profile.

This is how you change the MTU size when using Vvm-fex:

1) Create a QoS policy under the LAN tab,

2) While selecting a Priority, pick the QoS system class which has a modified MTU size configured.

3) Create a port-profile to be used by a VMs NIC (which in turn will get it one of the dynamic interfaces)

4) In the port-profile specify this QoS Policy

Hope this helps!

./Abhinav

Hi Abhinav,

I still configured it on my UCS System, it seems to work, my colleagues do have to make a change on the Guest-OS.

Traffic was not broken (tried a simple PING) to the vm-fex interface until reconfiguration.

Thank's and best regards,

Alois

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card