Views
Helpful
Replies

VM-FEX on UCSM managed C Series

scottrel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

All,

Can anybody tell me if this is supported and if so where the VM-FEX drivers can be downloaded from. All the documentation seems to suggest this is possible but when I download the C Series drivers ISO, no VM-FEX directory is found. Download the B Series drivers ISO and a VM-FEX directory is present. The VM-FEX configuration documentation I'm using (http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/unified_computing/ucs/sw/vm_fex/vmware/gui/config_guide/3-0/b_GUI_VMware_VM-FEX_UCSM_Configuration_Guide_3_0.html) states for C series I have to download the driver ISO for C series managed by UCSM, although when opening the ISO, no VM-FEX directory. On checking the Interoperability matrix for UCSM managed servers, only B-Series servers are listed for VM-FEX. 

I'm trying to run this with vSphere 6.0U2 on a C460M4 directly connected to a Fabric Interconnect running 3.1(1h).

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Greetings.

I don't believe the vm-fex related drivers have been included with the separate C series drivers ISO in recent times.

You should be able to use the the vm-fex drivers for the 'VIC' adapters in the blade driver bundle.

The interop matrix does show support for the rack server, if you choose it under ucsm-managed.

See below :

Thanks,

Kirk...

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Greetings.

I don't believe the vm-fex related drivers have been included with the separate C series drivers ISO in recent times.

You should be able to use the the vm-fex drivers for the 'VIC' adapters in the blade driver bundle.

The interop matrix does show support for the rack server, if you choose it under ucsm-managed.

See below :

Thanks,

Kirk...

Kirk,

Thanks very much for your reply. This has pointed me in the right direction. I should have used the Interoperability matrix tool in the first place but sometimes you miss things right in front of you.

Simon

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card