cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WWPN error

ronald.nutter
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to bring up my first UCS chassis and am getting an error that doesnt make any sense.

The error I am getting is cannot derive WWPN from virtualized port. I didnt configure either WWPN or WWNN or anything to do with iSCSI as for the time being I am using just the local drives on the blades to run from.

Even though I am not using iSCSI or HBA or SAN, so I need to set something up in the templates to reference this ?  Going back through what I learned in class but havent found anything yet that points me in the right direction.  Hope that someone else has run into this to save me a call to TAC.

Ron                  

2 Replies 2

padramas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Ron,

Does these blades have Cisco VIC cards ?

This is generally due to service profile configuration where vHBA is configured to derive WWPN from the hardware of Cisco VIC card.

Can you please share screen shot of the error message ?

Padma

Manuel Velasco
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you added any vHBAs to you service profile, it will require that you assign wwpns for these adapters even though you are not using them for boot purposes.  If you added these adapter and you don't need them at all you can you remove it from the service profile

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card