Views
Helpful
Replies

Authentication daemon syslog

srashidi
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, 

I am trying to find CLI commands and find out the way to look at  auth*, authpriv* in syslogs hosts for UCSM  NXOS.

Thanks 

5 Replies 5

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Greetings.

If you are looking at ways to review local UCSM accounting type logs, then the local UCSM cli commands are:

#scope security

#show audit-log details

Syslog related commands:

#scope monitoring

monitoring# show syslog  (will show logging levels)

monitoring#  set syslog remote-destination server-1 level
alerts critical debugging emergencies errors
information notifications warnings      <<<<setting the logging level to informational, will get audit log entries sent out to remote syslog.

Are you asking for a way to confirm user auth priv levels for users logging into the ucsm?

Thanks,

Kirk...

Thanks for your quick response, basically I need to find all info of the user who had logged in to UCSM from syslogs 

The audit log outputs are part of  the syslog output and to have the audit log outputs sent to the syslog server, you will want to set a logging level of “info” in the syslog settings on UCSM.

Thanks,

Kirk...

If I understood correctly , that's when I config syslog for remote destinations. I also need to look up logged in user info in CLI by SSH to console.

Does management plane have auth daemon that logs all user info ? where can I see the logs if I SSH to UCSM. 

when I look at the audit logs in UCSM , I only see "Admin, Internal" users I need more details of user who has logged in.

Thanks 

Do I need to make change "info " under local destination > file or local destination > monitor on syslog tab ?

I found this useful command that actually gives you some info of active sessions but it wont sent it as syslog 

UCS-Primary/security # show user-sessions remote detail

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card