cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

C220 M3 FCOE and Netapp Fc via nk5

yoedboker
Level 1
Level 1

i installed esx 5.5 on a c220 M3 with VIC1225 connected via FCOE to 2 X nk5.

i nstalled netapp FAS2240-4 with FC connectivity to the same nk5.

after set the FCOE feature and configure the FC interface and did the vfc procedure in every switch i can see all the WWPN.

VSAN for now is the same in both switch but i will change it to be different.

i created only 1 zone between esx and netapp and i cant see that netapp recieved a FC login request from server.

my concern is that the VIC caard is not configured correctly or there is a FCOE issue.

does anyone with a VIC1225 experiance this kind of behavior in the implementation?

4 Replies 4

padramas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Yoed,

If I understood it correctly, you have installed ESXi on storage local to the server but trying to access to data luns ( datastores ) from your SAN array. Is that correct ?

If yes, please provide following information

From CIMC, adapter information

1)   NIV enabled or disabled ?

2)  FIP enabled or disabled ?

3)  Default VLAN configuration ?

From N5K,

show run int eth x/y

show run int vfc X

show vlan fcoe

show int vfc x/y

Is this straight through configuration or links from VIC connects to both N5K in vPC mode ?

Padma

thanks padramas,

you are correct - esxi installed on local disk (sd card).

my problem is to connect the luns.

1)   NIV enabled or disabled ? did not see were to configure (do i need to enable?).

2)  FIP enabled or disabled ? enabled

3)  Default VLAN configuration ? in the VIC i changed to the VSAN VLAN but that didnt help.

regarding the last question each port from VIC connect to each nk5 and i can configure a vpc but i dont know if i need because i dont want to use san portchannel.

Hello,

Can you please provide interface configuration of N5K switch ports that are connected to VIC adapter ?

NIV ( VNTAG )  information is available in CIMC > Inventory > Cisco VIC adapters > General > Modify Adapter properties > enable VNTAG mode.

Padma

issue solved

it was a QOS parrameters that missconfigured.

thanks for quick responed.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: