cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot clear FSM Faults

RickVestal
Level 1
Level 1

I recently added two B200-M2 blades to add to three existing B200-M1 blades. My previous firmware was 1.2.3l and therefore discovery failed on the two M2s. Yesterday we upgraded everything to 1.4.3q, and the M2s discovered properly and everything went fine. Except I cannot clear the two original faults for FSM:Failed even though they went through a full discovery.

Anything I can do? I know that it's just an annoyance but to me it's a huge annoyance. Someone suggested retiring them and moving them elsewhere in the chassis, and creating a new service profile but that would be a last resort. Seems like this should be something easier than that...

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Daniel Laden
Level 4
Level 4

The pictures shows the impacted slots were 1/5 and 1/6.  When the B200M2 were discovered successfully, were they in these slots or others slots.

If there are in different slots, removed one blade from production, decommission the blade, move the bladed to 1/5, discover bladed, discommission blade, repeat in 1/6, move blade back to production location and recommission.

Worst case, you can decommission/recommission the chassis.

HTH,

Dan Laden

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Daniel Laden
Level 4
Level 4

The pictures shows the impacted slots were 1/5 and 1/6.  When the B200M2 were discovered successfully, were they in these slots or others slots.

If there are in different slots, removed one blade from production, decommission the blade, move the bladed to 1/5, discover bladed, discommission blade, repeat in 1/6, move blade back to production location and recommission.

Worst case, you can decommission/recommission the chassis.

HTH,

Dan Laden

Decommissioning and recommissioning worked perfect! Thank you very much!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card