Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
dsoper
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Cisco UCS Platform Emulator, Release 4.0(4ePE1)

CONFIGURATION IMPORT NOTE:  Importing configuration backups (All, System, or Logical) taken from the UCS Platform Emulator (UCSPE) to physical UCS Manager domains is not recommended or supported by Cisco TAC.  UCSPE backups should only be imported to UCSPE domains.

New Features and Significant Changes in Cisco UCS PE, Release 4.0(4ePE1)

• Full scale emulation of UCS Manager 4.0(4e) with support for 6454 Fabric Interconnects and C4200 Series Rack Server Chassis with C125 Rack Servers.  Note that not all features present in UCS Manager 4.0(4e) are supported (see Known Limitations in the Release Notes).
  • New default HW config with 6454 Fabric Interconnects and C4200 Series Rack Server Chassis added.
    • Additional example Hardware configurations have been attached below.  The attached UCSPE configs can be imported from the UCSPE Equipment page.
  • UCSPE is featured in a Cisco dCloud programmability demo.   The demo includes a comprehensive lab guide including the following content for Cisco UCS PowerTool and the Python SDK:
    • Overviews of PowerShell and Python programming environments with step-by-step usage instructions.
    • Code generation examples including code generation with UCS Manager's HTML5 interface.
    • Sample script creation and use with UCSPE.

Hardware Feature Summary

Please see the Release Notes for a complete list of supported Hardware.  Below is a summary:

• 6454 Fabric Interconnects
  • C4200 Series Rack Server Chassis with C125 Rack Servers
  • M5 B-Series and C-Series servers including HX220C and HX240C
  • Cisco UCS S3260 chassis, servers, and storage controllers
  • NVMe-based PCIe storage options

Known Limitations

• The Platform Emulator does not support connections to Cisco Intersight to avoid the use of Intersight resources by emulated devices. The Intersight Device Connector has been disabled and the device connector menu in the UI is non-functional. You can use Intersight demo environments in the Cisco demo Cloud (https://dcloud.cisco.com/ ) and Cisco DevNet (https://developer.cisco.com/site/intersight/ ) to explore Intersight management of UCS.
  • Imported configurations should be manually checked to ensure there are no missing or unsupported components.  If issues are experienced following an import, any unsupported components can be manually deleted and missing components manually added through the Equipment menu on the Navigation pane.
  • Firmware Management and Firmware Auto Install have not been fully validated in this release.  If issues are experienced during FW download, please try alternate methods such as API based download (e.g., using PowerTool or Python SDK).  If issues are experienced with FW policies, please try excluding all components from the policy.
  • AAA-based authentication (LDAP, RADIUS, TACACs): The Platform Emulator accepts security configuration changes, but does not enforce local or remote password authentication.  Any username and password combination can successfully log into the Cisco UCS Manger UI with administrator privileges.
  • See the Release Notes for the complete list of Known Limitations.

IMPORTANT CONFIGURATION NOTE: Backup/Import of UCSM Configuration

• The Platform Emulator does not save UCSM configuration state across Emulator resets to avoid consistency issues in UCSM configuration and the emulator HW configuration.  To preserve UCSM state, UCSM backup and import operations can be performed.  See an example backup/import flow at PythonSDK for backup/restore (import) of UCSM config

Firmware Management: UCSPE supports uploading B-Series and C-Series server firmware bundles.  Because of the large file sizes of the firmware bundles, UCSPE only supports uploading of stripped-down versions (link below).  Stripped-down versions include only the firmware metadata (not the actual firmware binaries).

Download Instructions

MD5 hashes for downloads:

• ZIP: da032a4c904b699e6291fd3c7ea7761a
  • OVA: 946a4b62c860653bdee6dceb13ae5094
Comments
mystique99
Level 1
Level 1

Getting an error when trying to add a user.

ucspe /security/local-user # scope security
ucspe /security # create local-user ansible
ucspe /security/local-user* # set account-status active
ucspe /security/local-user* # set password
Enter a password:
Confirm the password:
Error: /isan/bin/sam_validate_password.sh: line 5: /bin/ssh: No such file or directory

coolbuddy
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Admin Team,

Please help me out, i want to get rid off from rack-mount servers from my lab ucspe 4.0. i just remove the FEX but not able to remove the rack-mount servers which is already power off  and all FI-A and FI-B Links are remove. I am a New Bee Here and Beginner for UCSPE. I am very thankful to if any one help me out to elaborate how to customize the lab or delete all the object and start on my own way. I am waiting for your quick and positive response..

Thanks

Regards  

SudhaJs
Level 1
Level 1

Hi 

I am facing the same issue creating new user

Getting an error when trying to add a user.

ucspe /security/local-user # scope security
ucspe /security # create local-user ansible
ucspe /security/local-user* # set account-status active
ucspe /security/local-user* # set password
Enter a password:
Confirm the password:
Error: /isan/bin/sam_validate_password.sh: line 5: /bin/ssh: No such file or directory

SamCU
Level 1
Level 1

The OVA and ZIP download is not available. Someone please fix it. 

Thanks

dsoper
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
The downloads link is now fixed.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: