cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Convertto-UcsCmdlet functionality

jbannerman
Level 4
Level 4

Good afternoon, i just met with Jason Shaw and Viswanath Jakka from the CIsco UCS team and they infomed me of the convertto-UcsCmdlet functionality. This was literally an hour ago, they just left. i should have kept them here until i had it working!. My question is on how to get it to work. I am using PowerGui with the Cisco UCS module loaded in. I run the convertto-UcsCmdlet and then login to one of my UCS domains and perform an action. The only thing i see on my PowerGUI screen is the message "WARNING: Please review the generated cmdlets before depolyment." Jason mentioned something about a literal path but we did not dive further into that topic. Am i doing something wrong or am i missing something? Where do I see the generated cmdlets? I was also looking for the presentation/ documentation, so if anyone could point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

4 Replies 4

Walter Dey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I was able to figure it out, but thank you. It was a problem with my Java.

Hi Bruce,

Can you please post what the Java problem was in more detail?     I've been hearing of a few other similar problems.   Hopefully your insights can help the community at large.

Thanks,

-Jeff

I had to go into my Java control panel and delete all the entries in my Java Cache Viewer and then reboot. Once I cleared out all these entries and rebooted the convertto-ucscmdlet woked as advertised. Great tool by the way, has saved me numerous hours of headaches.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: