Views
Helpful
Replies

Hyperflex deployment error [Errno 113] no route to host

nikhil93
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

We are deploying cisco hyperflex edge cluster of 2-node.

After providing all the required details in the hx installer wizard, when we start the validation process, there is an error in the deployment validation stage. It says "Errno 113 no route to host". 

I also noticed one thing that while going through the installer wizard, in the IP addressing stage, even though we only have 2 edge nodes, the installer forces us to give the ip address details for the third node. If blank, it won't allow to go further. Is the above error caused due to this? 

Please put some light on the issue as we have a huge implementation coming up.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

RedNectar
VIP
VIP

Hi @nikhil93 ,

First of all, I assume you are doing the install using your Intersight account, because this is the ONLY way to install a 2 node edge cluster.

So from Intersight, when you click the Create Hyperflex Cluster Profile to start the start the wizard, make sure you select Cisco Hyperflex Edge

Edge1.jpg

Fill in the form with the required details, and when you get to the IP & Hostname details, make sure your Management Network Starting IP and Management Network Ending IP are consecutive. Like 10.1.1.11 and 10.1.1.12 - I suspect that the reason you mention a third node is because you did something like 10.1.1.10 and 10.1.1.12

Edge2.jpg

Similarly, for the Controller VM Management Network Starting IP and  Ending IP - make these consecutive AND ON THE SAME SUBNET

I hope this helps

Don't forget to mark answers as correct if it solves your problem. This helps others find the correct answer if they search for the same problem

RedNectar aka Chris Welsh.
Forum Tips: 1. Paste images inline - don't attach. 2. Always mark helpful and correct answers, it helps others find what they need.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

RedNectar
VIP
VIP

Hi @nikhil93 ,

First of all, I assume you are doing the install using your Intersight account, because this is the ONLY way to install a 2 node edge cluster.

So from Intersight, when you click the Create Hyperflex Cluster Profile to start the start the wizard, make sure you select Cisco Hyperflex Edge

Edge1.jpg

Fill in the form with the required details, and when you get to the IP & Hostname details, make sure your Management Network Starting IP and Management Network Ending IP are consecutive. Like 10.1.1.11 and 10.1.1.12 - I suspect that the reason you mention a third node is because you did something like 10.1.1.10 and 10.1.1.12

Edge2.jpg

Similarly, for the Controller VM Management Network Starting IP and  Ending IP - make these consecutive AND ON THE SAME SUBNET

I hope this helps

Don't forget to mark answers as correct if it solves your problem. This helps others find the correct answer if they search for the same problem

RedNectar aka Chris Welsh.
Forum Tips: 1. Paste images inline - don't attach. 2. Always mark helpful and correct answers, it helps others find what they need.

Hi Chris,

Yeah, we were trying to do it from HX installer. We found out that it has to be done from Cisco Intersight.

Thanks for the reply man. I appreciate it.

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Agree with Chris.

3 nodes shouldn't be required except for on premises installer. 

Kirk...

I agree Kirk. Thanks for the reply.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card