cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Server 2012 Iscsi Boot

dgwilhelm
Level 1
Level 1

I'm working on standing up a HyperV2012 cluster using ISCSI boot to a Netapp filer. I've got the servers to boot just fine using one Nic, but as soon as I add a second Iscsi boot adapter for redundancy stops loading windows and takes me to the 2012 recovery menu. Our chassis is running 2.0(5a).  I was told when setting up 2008 with IScsi boot that I could not use the native failover capabilities and we needed to set up a primary and secondary Iscsi adapter to be sure we could boot if one of the Fec's was not available. Is that still true? Does anyone have this up in there environment?

Thanks in advance            

2 Replies 2

Simon Brooks
Level 1
Level 1

What version of blade?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

I was able to resolve this myself. The issue was that the drivers for the other nics were not being loaded correctly. I let the server boot with a single Iscsi nic, removed the misconfigured nics in device manager and then added them back in with the correct driver. After doing this the server was able to boot with 2 Iscis connections.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card