Views
Helpful
Replies

UCS Central - Making Boot Policy - SAN boot target Provisioning

CSCO11570784
Level 1
Level 1

Gents
Some objects is always related to the domains and need to be provisioned in global like

1. VLANs: but we can did it by Provisioning VLANs with UCS Central Using VLAN ID Aliasing.
  2. VSANs: the same idea in VLAN ID Aliasing.
  3. Boot Policy adding SAN boot target : what about this issue how can I provision it so I can configure it globally in abstract way then it will take targets depend on domain during associating the global service profile.

2 Replies 2

gmonroy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Similar to the UCSm, when you are defining a boot policy for SAN, the target is going to differ depending on each configured boot order. This will extend to central in that you can define a different one for each suborg and apply them in that manner.

However, there is no current method of implementing a "vlan alias" type Boot policy where you only define one but its definition changes depending on the domain. Each new set of targets you wish to define will need to exist within it's own policy.

Regards,

-Gabriel

@Gmonroy

Thanks for support

1. But if I need to make a global Service profile temp so I can deploy SF from it in any domain, and if  I referenced this service profile temp to one boot policy so i need to unbind each service profile created from this temp to associate a different boot policy in each domain ? " I will lose the benefit of updating service profile template "
  2. Or I have to create different template per domain ? " I will lose the key benefit of  centralizing Templates in UCS central"

Or there is any workaround to deply this senario. 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card