Views
Helpful
Replies

UCS NOT ABLE TO TRANSFER LOG FILES OF MORE THAN 32MB

Ayush kumar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

When I am trying to transfer log file of more than 32Mb from UCSM to my local server,I get time out error after 32Mb .Logs of size less than 32 Mb is successfully tranferred from UCSM  to local server. For switch I am able to transfer logs of more than 32 Mb which also uses tftp protocol ..We can't use any other protocol like FTP, SFTP or SCP because we don't have access to our server's credential in the code.

Command to transfer file from UCSM to local server is:  copy 20141006_184145_poap_3683_2.log  tftp://<IP Address>

2 Replies 2

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please confirm if you can pull the logs from the UCSM GUI, tech support area, via the web browser type download.

You may want to open a TAC case and have them confirm that there are no local flash storage issues.

Aside from that, sounds like you really need to test against a different TFTP server.   Have you confirmed that the TFTP server does not have any file size limitations set?

Does this same TFTP server allow larger than 32MB files from other sources?

Seems like Fat12 file systems had a max file size of 32 MB, but can't image anything installed in this last decade would be using fat 12 ;)

Kirk...

Hi,

I am able to download logs from UCSM GUI, tech support area, via the web browser type download. TFTP server does not have any size limit as we are able to transfer files of more than 32 mb for switch using TFTP with same TFTP server.Attaching screenshot for the same.

In the screenshot you can see UCS.tar (2nd from the top ) is of 32 mb approx.Its actual size is 95 mb however its download stopped after 32mb.

For switch we are able to transfer file more than 32mb using same TFTP server.

In image nxos.bin(2nd from the last in the image) is file from switch with size 45mb.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card