Views
Helpful
Replies

UCS210M2 doesnt boot after failed CIMC upgrade

sumesh.nair
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have a UCS C210M2 with 4 GB RAM and 5620 processor and LSI 9261-8i RAID card.It was working fine till I decided to upgrade the CIMC from 1.1 to 1.2 from the CIMC itself using the 'Install CIMC firmware through Browser Client'

The process got stuck at Downloading 5% and on giving a hardboot it doesnt allow me to access the CIMC

Also the the server on reboot stops at 'Configuring and Testing Platform Hardware...' and it goes into a restart loop

Please suggest if there is a way to get out of this.Tried alternating the jumper settings for BIOS recovery and loaded the contents of uefi folder on Firmware package 1.2 on a USB disk but still it doesnt help

Regards

Sumesh

4 Replies 4

anikas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Can you ssh into the server? If you can try to reboot the CIMC. If that does not help you can try to reset the CIMC to factory defaults via the cli. The second option means a lot more work. If either of those two do not get you moving forward please open a CIsco Tac case.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/unified_computing/ucs/c/sw/cli/config/guide/1.0_1x/Cisco_CIMC_C250_CLI_Configuration_Guide_chapter13.html#task_6252C3DCB779426787C8834BED4E0327

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Hi Anikas

I am not able to to get the CIMC at all.Is there a way I can login to the console of the server-like in the case of switches/routers and issue a factory defaults command

Sumesh

anikas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can try one more thing to reset the CIMC. It requires the removal of the power cords at the same time. This will take your server down and reset your CIMC. You can then see if you can access your CIMC. You can even connect a monitor, keyboard and mouse to the back of the server if needed.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

I had this exact issue with my UCS C210 M2 and pulling the power cords fixed the issue.

Good call Anikas!

Also I couldn't find this in any of the documentation for the upgrade of CIMC, could it be worthwhile getting it added so that more people can use this fix?

Message was edited by: James McMichael

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card