Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco uc520

lee.woods16091
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys, 

ive recently reset my uc520 to factory defaults, there isnt any back up files and the phones are stuck on configuring ip? 

does anyone know how to fix this problem??

Lee 

5 Replies 5

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You'll need to make sure the firmware files for the phones you are using are available in flash and that the box has been configured for DHCP, etc.. You can do this via CLI or by using CCA (Cisco Configuration Assistant). If reset to factory, the UC520 will hand out DHCP addresses in the data subnet 192.168.10.0/24 and the UC520 will be 192.168.10.1. You should be able to connect a PC to a switchport on the UC520 and connect via CLI or CCA to this address to configure. CCA will present a wizard to walk you through setting up many of these components.

Brandon

Hi Brandon,

Thanks for your reply:) 

When I press on the telephony set-up wizard it pops up with a message saying that it has detected more than one network and I would need to connect via vlan or something? 

Regards, 

Lee 

I'm guessing you may be connected to the UC520 network with a cable and to a different wireless network at the same time? If so, disconnect wireless. They are just warning that being connected to multiple networks while configuring the UC520 can cause problems.

Brandon

hi brandon, 

i still cant seem  to understand, the system wont allow me to reset to factory defaults? 

can you advise, 

i can only use the telephony wizard in factory default mode. 

lee 

Not sure what you mean. Your earlier post indicated the UC520 was already set to factory defaults. Is this right or do you need to reset? If you need to reset, in CCA go to Maintenance > Restart/Reset > check "Reset to Factory Defaults" and click OK.

Brandon