Views
Helpful
Replies

Australian caller-id format

sriram.g
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Can you please tell me minimum firmware versions and the appropriate settings for the ATA186 for it to generate caller-id signals that Australian telephone equipment will recognise.

For the latest firmware, could you tell me what settings should be used for the settings "PaidFeatures", "CallFeatures" and "CallerIdMethod" for Australian telephones connected to the ATA to be able to recognise the caller id transmitted by the ATA?

The values for call features and Paid features are 0xffffffff. For CallerId method we tried 0x00019450, 0x00019e60, and also 0x0001a8a0 but when a call comes for the FXS port the phone displays the caller id as Unavailable.

Any ideas on this.

Thanks

GS

2 Replies 2

teodorgeorgiev
Level 4
Level 4

The caller ID specification for Australia is Bellcore FSK, the same as in North America.

So the default CallerID setting of ATA should work.

Btw, I highly doubt that you have connected the ATA FXS port directly to the Australian PTT :)

Hi,

The service provider is sending the caller id, but it turns out that they don't receive the caller id if you call them from certain Australian phone networks.

Some Australian networks send the caller id and some don't. It turned out I was testing from a network that didn't.

I have now proved that the ATA device is sending the caller id in a compatible way if you call from a network that sends the caller id.

So its done!!!

Thanks

GS