Helpful
Replies

Call type - national / international - how to change

happykiran
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Platform : AS5400 running ios 12.2(13)T

We have a calling card platform and we have customers calling from UK and Spain using local access numbers. When the users in UK are calling the call terminates successfully, but when Spain users are calling, the call will not go through. When I contacted the PSTN supplier, they said that the calls originating from Spain are coming with a 'national' flag. So their system is adding some more digits before terminating the call.

To solve this I need to change this flag from national to international.

Anyone has idea where to change this ?

Thanks,

Kiran.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jtufail
Level 1
Level 1

I am assuming it is PRI interface, you can try using the isdn map address command to match the exact prefix from that is coming for Spain numbers and change the plan and type accoprdingly under the D-channel

e.g:

interface Serial1/0:23

no ip address

isdn switch-type primary-5ess

isdn incoming-voice voice

isdn map address ^011 plan national type unknown

no cdp enable

!

You can also chanhe the plan and type through the use of voice translation rules.

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 // // type any unknown plan any unknown

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

jtufail
Level 1
Level 1

I am assuming it is PRI interface, you can try using the isdn map address command to match the exact prefix from that is coming for Spain numbers and change the plan and type accoprdingly under the D-channel

e.g:

interface Serial1/0:23

no ip address

isdn switch-type primary-5ess

isdn incoming-voice voice

isdn map address ^011 plan national type unknown

no cdp enable

!

You can also chanhe the plan and type through the use of voice translation rules.

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 // // type any unknown plan any unknown