Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM 3.2 and H.323 Gatekeeper Issues

petnan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm configuring voice calls between FXS ports on a 2621-XM at 8 sites and IP Phones at the head office.I've configured POTS and VoIP dial peers and H.323 Gateways(GW) on the routers. Also configured a H.323 Gatekeeper(GK) on a 3640. The CCM and the 2621 GW register with the GK fine. I've created a H.323 GK on the CCM pointing to the IP Address of the 3640 GK using Anonymous Device. I've also created a route pattern pointing to remote sites.

I can place calls from the FXS phones to the IP Phones in the head office but get a fast busy tone when I phone from the IP Phone to the FXS phone in any of the offices.

I could also create 8 GW on the CCM but I rather create only one GK on the CCM so that the CCM uses the GK to call the remote sites. Any ideas on what might be wrong? I notice the CCM 3.3 has the option of trunk but 3.2 does not have that option. I think by creating the anonynous device GK on 3.2 CCM, I'm actually creating a trunk. Any thoughts? Replies will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2 Replies 2

petnan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

Thanks for the reply. This document is helpful to give a better understanding. However, it talks about 3.3 and 4.1. In 3.2, there's no option to create a trunk device and my understanding is that the trunk functionality is replaced by anonymous device and then creating a route pattern to route to an anonymous device. The IP address of the anonymous device changes to reflect the destination gateway and the gatekeeper provides that address. Is that correct? I have set a similar scenario but the I can't places calls from IP phones to analog phone using the GK. Thanks for your help.