Views
Helpful
Replies

CME to SIP ITSP

darin.pesnell
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I have a situation where I am trying to connect a CME 3.2 system, running on a 2821, to Global Crossing' s Local Dial and Outbound Dial service. They are using an Acme Session Border Controller, which at this point, does not support "SIP Redirect". Basically, when we forward our phones to an outbound #, the CME sends a SIP message telling the Acme Session Border Controller to redirect the call to an outbound port on the Acme.

I'm wondering if there is a way to add a router to the mix on my side as an IP2IP gateway and connect the CME to this gateway using H.323 and have the IP2IP gateway initiate another call to the Acme, thereby getting around this SIP redirect issue. Does anyone know if this might work?

Thanks, as always, for any assistance!

-Darin

4 Replies 4

ebreniz
Level 6
Level 6

The Cisco. Multiservice IP-to-IP Gateway facilitates easy and cost-effective connectivity between independent voice-over-IP (VoIP) and Video networks. It provides a network-to-network interface (demarcation) point for billing, security, call admission control, quality of service, and signaling interworking.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps5640/products_data_sheet09186a00801da698.html

Hi ebreniz,

Did you really read question or you try TO SELL IP-to-IP Gateway?

waynem
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Darin

Did you have any luck with this? I have a requirement to connect a 1751V to an ITSP and am wondering why this does not seem possbile on a Cisco device yet works fine on countless other Vendors devices (Analogue to SIP thats is).. What I am unsure about is how to get the ITSP UserID and PIN into the SIP Invite?

Regards

Wayne

Wayne,

I did get some features to work, however, there were serveral querks that ultimately convinced me to stay away from the solution until it matures. In my scenario, I did not need a userid and pin as Global Crossing authenticates you by putting you on a VRF in their MPLS network. I'm told that Cisco will release call manager 5.x this fall, which will natively support SIP to the instrument. I have a plan to re-evaluate this when that product comes out and is showing signs of stability.

HTH,

Darin