Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring SIP on CP-8851

Sventek
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a Cisco CP-8851 and sip account on OVH.

I would like to configure my CP-8851 to use OVH SIP server, but i dont know how to start.

Could anyone please advise me on how to do please the exact steps, i dont know from where to start.
In other SIP phone i just open the IP adresse shown on the phone and then i can edit the SIP info and the phone get registred easy.

Thanks in advance.

11 Replies 11

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
First step, look at the bottom of the phone. Look under Product ID. Is the a "3PCC" or "MPP" in the model of the phone?

Could you please explain to me where exactly i can find this ? im looking at the phone there is nothing wroten only ID MAC and model.

Hi,

Next to the ports on the back you will see a sticker/label that contains the PID (Product ID), S/N, MAC,..

On that sticker you will see something like CP-851-3PCC-K9= (if it is a phone for 3rd party call control) or CP-8851-K9= if is designated to CUCM/HCS (enterprise platform).

If you have a phone with the 1st type of PID then the best solution would be to contact OVH as (like many providers) lock down their provisioning. 

Hello,

Its PID VID : CP-8851-K9 V03
Its the second one, any solution ?

Kind regards

Ok, so the phone is running Enterprise image. This means that in order to get to work with OVH, you'll need the following:
1. SEPmacaddress.cnf.xml file;

2.  Firmware for the phone; 

3.  Dialplan.xml file; 

4.  TFTP server; and 

5.  DHCP Option 150

Hello,

Iv download SEPmacaddress.cnf.xml what i have download is this COPY 9970 SIP 9.4(2)SR1.cnf and not an xml file.
I have the TFTP but could you tell me where to find this firmware and Dialplan.xml ? and explain to me how to process please.

Hello Leo Laohoo 

Could you please help ?

Hello,

Iv download SEPmacaddress.cnf.xml what i have download is this COPY 9970 SIP 9.4(2)SR1.cnf and not an xml file.
I have the TFTP but could you tell me where to find this firmware and Dialplan.xml ? and explain to me how to process please.

Hello,

@jeboer @Leo Laohoo Could you please explain to me how to do ?

Kind regards.

@jeboer & @Leo Laohoo

Could you please help me and explain to me how i can get this done ?

Thanks

Go HERE.  This is one page that should help how to set up DHCP Option 150 using TFTPd32 (free).  

Google search should be able to find more.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: