Views
Helpful
Replies

Connecting to IPCC DB (db_cra) using Business Objects

kvangor27
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I've been tasked with creating a Business Objects universe against a CISCO IPCC SQL Server database (db_cra), and I have no knowledge of the database and how the system works.  I also don't have access to the database outside of Crystal Reports.  I can connect through CR with the instructions provided by CISCO and using an OLE DB (ADO) connection, and there's also a launchHRC executable that was added to the crw32.exe shortcut.  The OLE DB (ADO) connection has Integrated Security checked, so I have no idea how I'm able to connect to the database and tables without being added to database security.

Business Objects does not have an option for creating an OLE DB (ADO) connection.  I have no idea if it's even possible to connect to the database.  Normally we have a default reporting user that's used to set up OLE DB and ODBC universe connections using SQL authentication.

And from what my colleague in Japan told me, it's not possible to add users to the db_cra database security.

If there's any information that you could provide it would be greatly appreciated   I'm really lost with this one so any help or advice would be great.

Thank you!!

Kevin V.

1 Reply 1

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

It's best to specify product (UCCE, UCCX) and version when posting.

If you are UCCX v7.0 or lower, then see this : https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/272601

The trick is to set up the account on the server with rights to the DB, and use the windows pass through auth method to access the DB using integrated security (as SQL auth is disabled by default).

If on 8.0 or higher it's different as you're in informix land, and need to set up and use the uccxhruser account.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: