Views
Helpful
Replies

cube config: sip options ping

j.claes
Level 1
Level 1

hello,

I'm testing in lab cube config for sip options ping. I have 2 callmanagers, 1 cube and 1 IMS(SP sip trunking) device.

in cube I'm using c2851nm-ipvoice_ivs-mz.124-24.T2.bin.

I can use the command voice-class sip option-ping 60 on dial-peer but with debug ccsip messages, I don't see anything.

any ideas ?

I can't use voice-class sip options-keepalive up-interval down-interval retry, command is not recognised by IOS. Which software do I need to take ?

Is this a licensed feature ? I thought 12.4T would be enough.

In fact I just want a mechanism to check if the remote device is SIP alive.

kind regards,

johan claes

ccie#5437

2 Replies 2

davelaw
Level 1
Level 1

voice-class sip options-keepalive

To monitor connectivity between Cisco Unified Border Element VoIP dial-peers and SIP servers to, use the voice-class sip options-keepalive command in dial peer configuration mode. To disable monitoring connectivity, use the no form of this command.

voice-class sip options-keepalive [up-interval seconds | down-interval seconds] [retry retries]

no voice-class sip options-keepalive

Syntax Description

up-interval seconds

Number of up-interval seconds allowed to pass before marking the UA as unavailable.This keyword is effective when the dial-peer is up (not busied out). The range is 5-1200. The default is 60.

down-interval seconds

Number of down-interval seconds allowed to pass before marking the UA as available. This keyword is effective when the dial-peer is down (busied out). The range is 5-1200. The default is 30.

retry retries

Number of retry attempts before changing the state of UA. The range is 1 to 10. The default is 5 attempts.

15.0(1)M

This command was integrated into Cisco IOS Release 15.0(1)M.

j.claes
Level 1
Level 1

hello all,

you need software 12.4-24 YB or 15.0 software with IPIPGW in.

then all the commands work fine.

However cisco website is not really clear which software is needed to activate

the cube features.

please read the book "SIP Trunking" from www.ciscopress.com, it's every $ worth.

kind regards,

johan claes