Views
Helpful
Replies

dial peer issue

Maleksalim
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everybody;

I have a problem with my dial peer i have a call manager 4.1; and a cisco gateway

i have configured a lot of dial peer like showed under:

dial-peer voice 1420 pots
description NUMEROS DE MOVILES: 099XXXXXXX 077XXXXXXX 066XXXXXXX 055XXXXXXX
destination-pattern 90.........
direct-inward-dial
port 2/0/18
forward-digits 10
no register e164
!
dial-peer voice 1423 pots
description NUMEROS DE LOCALES
destination-pattern 9T
direct-inward-dial
port 2/0/19
forward-digits 9
no register e164

sometimes when i call to 10 digit it goes through dial peer configured to 9 digit and get error from telecom company,

what should i do ?

Thank you

3 Replies 3

yuanwu
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

hello,

more information will be needed to trouble-shoot your issue,

1. only certain numbers will be affected?

2. the GW is under what kind of protocol, SIP or H323?

3. show tech of the GW

4. capture following debugs when you got the problem,

debug voip ccapi inout

debug vpm signal

Rgds/Randy

Steven Holl
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

'90.........' and '9T' are both valid matches for 901234567891, so it depends how CM sent the call.

With H323 & SIP from CM, it will send all the digits enbloc (all at once).  If you're getting matches for a length of something like 9 + 11 (or more) digits on the 1420 peer, than likely one of these things is occurring:

* CM is popping the T302 interdigit timer and routing the call before it should out the 9 + 10 digit pattern as a 9 + 10 digit number.

* CM is matching a pattern of 9 + 10 digits that has 'urgent priority checked' so that pattern gets matched before the 11+ digit has a chance

This is true unless you have overlap sending configured on the route pattern, which will change behavior on both CM and IOS quite a bit in regards to dial-peer matching.

Get 'debug voip ccapi inout' and detailed CM traces and it would shed more light on what's occurring.

Oh, and you can prevent 9 + 11 digit calls from matching '90.........' by changing the destination-pattern to '^90.........$'