Views
Helpful
Replies

Inbound voip dial-peer matching criterias - "From" IP of INVITE message

pat.mar.paj
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have some doubts about matching criterias in inbound voip dial-peers, specifically when I need to configure two different inbound voip dial-peers for receiving messages from different SIP servers.

I have the following configuration (summarized) in a voice gateway (not SBC):

voice class server-group 1

ipv4 CUCMIP1 port 5060 preference 1
  ipv4 CUCMIP2 port 5060 preference 2

!

voice class server-group 2
  ipv4 SBCIP1 port 5060 preference 1
  ipv4 SBCIP2 port 5060 preference 2

!

dial-peer voice 1000 voip
  translation-profile incoming IncomingCalllegHCS
  session protocol sipv2
  incoming called-number .T
  session server-group 1

!

dial-peer voice 1100 voip
  session protocol sipv2
  incoming called-number .T
  session server-group 2
!

I am not sure if I can use the "session server-group" command to match the IP servers from which the SIP messages must be received, to associate the incoming call-leg to the correct dial-peer (take into account that I have to apply a translation-profile in dial-peer 1000, but I haven't in dial-peer 1100).

According some info resources, "session server-group" command is used in outbound dial-peers, and the correct way to match IP servers in an inbound dial-peer is creating a "voice class uri <tag>" and apply it to the dial-peer ("incoming uri via <tag>").

But according other resources, if I apply a voice class to an inbound voip dial-peer, I lost number information and I couldn't apply a translation-profile to change calling or called number. The basis for saying that is the matching priority criteria for an inbound voip dial-peer:

1. Match based on URI of an incoming INVITE message.

2. Match based on Called Number

3. Match based on Calling Number

4. Default Dial-Peer = 0

Which would be the correct configuration, really?

Thank you very much. Best regards.

3 Replies 3

The correct way is to use 'voice class uri'.

See this post and test the dial-peer with voice translation rule. Should work.

https://community.cisco.com/t5/collaboration-voice-and-video/incoming-dial-peer-matching-on-ip-address-cube-tdm-sip/ta-p/3127349

I'va a question. Is the traffic from different IPs received on the same interface?

Regards.

Thank you Daniele.

No, the SIP traffic from different IPs is received on different interfaces.

Best regards,

Patricia

Have you try 'voice calss uri'?

Is it working?

Is this a voice gateway with TDM interfaces (isdn, fxs, fxo)?

Or is it a ip2ip gateway?

Have you configure 'allow-connections sip to sip?

In the past I used a trink in an ip2ip gateway to apply PBR and translation rule to a specific traffic received from a specific interface. I don't know if you can use this trick but you can study it on this link:

https://community.cisco.com/t5/voice-over-ip/solved-how-to-apply-a-pbr-to-an-rtp-flow-on-cube-two-default/td-p/2988008

Regards.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: