Views
Helpful
Replies

LCV & LPV on 2-MFT-E1-DI

walidazab
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

We have a 2600 series router using it as an SLT and have SS7 up and running for long time now using Cisco PGW2200.

Recently I started seeing a huge amount of errors both Line Code Violations and Line Path Violations on the SLT causing the SS7 link to constantly go down. Strange enough the SS7 in non-peak hours i.e 1:00 AM to 6:00 AM. I am using VWIC-2MFT-E1-DI. 

Knowing that this may be caused by physical layer issues, we have conducted software and hardware loopback tests with the the service provider and all tests succeeded using the service provider analyzers. However when doing a hardware loop from the SP end on the E1 while leaving the E1 terminated on the VWIC, we notice no changed on the interface. It doesn't change to UP and line code violations keep increasing.

Any ideas what may be the reason behind this?

Thanks

2 Replies 2

sudhagup
Level 1
Level 1

Could you please share "show run" from SLT along with syslogs from the time of issue.

The impact on the service was very critical, I could wait. So I replaced the router altogether and everything is working well now. Most probably it was a faulty VWIC I suppose.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: