Views
Helpful
Replies

Session Timers implementation in CUBE

Maciej Bylica
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have problem with RFC4028 implementation in Cisco CUBE (3945E-rel.15.2.3, 3845 -rel 15.1.2).

My config contains min-se 90 session-expires 900 set globally inside voice service voip / sip.

Call is coming to Cisco with no Min-se and Session-Expires headers at all but with Supported: timer param.

CUBE is adding Min-SE:  90 to INVITE and sending it to call terminator.

Terminator after some provisional replies is sending OK with Session-Expires: 90;refresher=uas header.

After that timeout i see UPDATE coming from terminator side with Min-SE: 90 and Session-Expires: 90;refresher=uas.

An UPDATE is passing through the CUBE transparently, but 90sec is not acceptable by call originator which in turn is sending 422 message with Min-SE: 120.

No more messages is exchanged between both sides of the call till next UPDATE from call terminator.

Again, an UPDATE is received by Cisco with with Min-SE: 90 and Session-Expires: 90;refresher=uas.

This time Cisco is modifying  Min-se but no Session-Expires to following output Min-SE:  120 and Session-Expires:  90;refresher=uas.

It makes no sense at all heaving Min-SE higher than Session-Expires at all.

As a result call is teared down by call originator.

My questions are:

- how to configure session timer properly. Did i omit anything?

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/voice/cube_sip/configuration/xe-3s/cube-sip-xe-3s-book/cube-sip-xe-3s-book_chapter_011011.pdf

- how to force Cisco to add Session-Expires header inside INVITE message (without sip-profiles)

- why CUBE is modifying only Min-SE header but not  Session-Expires in my example. Is this a kind of bug?

Thanks in advance

Mac

1 Reply 1

Manish Prasad
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Mac,

If the issue still persist can you attach the whole section of sip messages here. And do post this thread on IPTelephony Section as well. We have some good SIP decoders on that section they can help you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: