cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP Phone Device adding a + before dialing extensions

coreybook
Level 1
Level 1

I have setup a SIP device that is connected to my UCM 8.0 system and when it calls a number/extension, it always adds a +1 before anything it dials.  I can't seem to figure out how to strip the + off this call as it fails everytime.  I've tried a ringdown with a blank number in the translation pattern to forward to a specific extension, and that doesn't work either.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

+ is a valid diallable digit on cm7+, so you can make your route patterns support that as well, or just put in a translation or something to strip it.

When you type it in a route pattern you have to enter it as \+ so I presume this would be the same for a tx pattern.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts..

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

+ is a valid diallable digit on cm7+, so you can make your route patterns support that as well, or just put in a translation or something to strip it.

When you type it in a route pattern you have to enter it as \+ so I presume this would be the same for a tx pattern.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts..

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

That did fix the issue.  I created a translation pattern ( \+1.XXXX) where I did a predot strip and now it works fine.  Thanks for the help.